Friday, April 1, 2011

Songs / Demonspawn


Songs

I have been
collecting music
for years and years
from Queen and Led Zep
to Paul Simon and Juluka,

(picking up
coloured bottles and seashells
from a friend here
lover there)

old spirits, they surround me
comforting, familiar
encouraging, sympathising,
enlightening and
everpresent
in my mind

(broken faded tunes
here and there
gathered
bits of the past trailing behind
clinging to clothes
stale cigarette smoke
campfire
splashy fens lost and found)

playing themselves
over and over
on the turntable
in my head

(bits and pieces remembered
collected over the years
a collage of love and hate
everchanging
growing
fading
patched)

reminding me they are
always there

(a favourite old blanket
on a cold morning)

---
Demonspawn 
October 2004

From the website:

A Darker Vision

[Some rights reserved under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 (CC-NC-ND-2.5) License.]

No comments:

Post a Comment